What was the last movie you saw?

Likes/Dislikes - Discuss your favourite actors/directors.
JacobMarley
Site Admin

What was the last movie you saw?

Post by JacobMarley »

Does the filmed version of the stage production of Hamilton count?

Lioness

Re: What was the last movie you saw?

Post by Lioness »

I guess that, that version of "Hamilton" would count.

The last movie I saw, just before restrictions closed the cinemas was "A Beautiful day in the Neighborhood". Mum & I chose to see it based on the trailers and no other information. It was a very different film from what we had been expecting. It was certainly thought-provoking.

JacobMarley
Site Admin

Post by JacobMarley »

I just watched “1944” a 2015 Estonian film set during World War II. In 1940 Estonia was invaded by the Soviet Union, and thousands of Estonians were pressed into the Red Army. A year later the Germans invaded, and thousands more were pressed into the Wehrmacht. This movie follows fellow Estonians who fought on both sides in a tragic conflict that was a victory for neither side.

Lioness

Post by Lioness »

Last week, I saw the new version of "The Secret Garden". It is based on the novel by Frances Hodgson Burnett.

It is not a faithful adaption of the book. The first noticeable change is that they have brought the story forward in time, from 1900's to 1947. The film used CGI, but not as much as I'd expected. There is an expanded story line (told in flashbacks) fleshing out the relationship between Mary's and Colin's mothers.

I enjoyed the film. I give it 4/5 stars.